On NHL Trade Deadline Day, it begins and ends with TradeCentre '13 - TSN's 10-hour, multi-platform event that delivers the industry's most-watched, most-trusted, and most-extensive coverage of one of the biggest days on the NHL calendar.
Featuring every trade and every team covered from all angles, TradeCentre '13 airs live nationally on Wednesday beginning at 8am et/5am pt on TSN.
TSN's flagship TradeCentre '13 broadcast is also available live in its entirety on TSN.ca, on the free TradeCentre app for iPhone and iPad, TSN Mobile TV and on NHL Network in the U.S.
Fans across Canada can experience TSN's TradeCentre '13 coverage on multiple platforms by:
- Visiting TSN Digital platforms for the latest trade news, opinion, and analysis, plus on-demand video clips and highlights, and a real-time Trade Tracker - a staple of TSN's online trade deadline day coverage since 2000
- Following the verified accounts of TSN's hockey experts and Insiders on Twitter for breaking trade news and using the hashtags #TradeCentre and #TSN to join the conversation
- Downloading the popular TradeCentre app for iPhone and iPad for breaking trade alerts
- Heading to TSN's official social media channels for behind-the-scenes photos, video, and interviews posted on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, and Google+ from the TradeCentre studio
- Listening to TSN Radio in Toronto (AM 1050), Montreal (AM 690), and Winnipeg (AM 1290), along with TEAM 1040 in Vancouver and TEAM 1200 in Ottawa for deadline day coverage with a local perspective
TSN has brought comprehensive day-long coverage of NHL Trade Deadline Day to fans since 2000 and continues to set the benchmark for multi-platform coverage of one of the most anticipated days of the hockey season.
Last year, Canadians made TradeCentre '12 their No. 1 choice for trade news and analysis, as TSN's 10-hour live broadcast delivered its highest audience ever and more than doubled the average audience recorded by its closest competitor on NHL Trade Deadline Day. Overall, nearly 2.8 million unique fans tuned in at some point to TradeCentre '12 on TSN.
TSN Digital also scored huge numbers for TradeCentre '12 with 20.8 million page views across all of its platforms – marking a 40 per cent increase compared to 2011 and making it the busiest day ever in TSN Digital history. To date, the top five busiest days for TSN Digital have been on NHL Trade Deadline Day.
TradeCentre '13 Broadcast Team
Host James Duthie leads TSN's TradeCentre '13 team of hockey analysts, Insiders, former NHL players, coaches, and general managers, reporters, and correspondents through 10 hours of hockey talk – with breaking news and instant analysis of each transaction, along with interviews with players, coaches, and GMs. TSN's correspondents are with each Canadian team to file live reports and deliver instant reaction for each trade.
The TradeCentre '13 broadcast team is as follows:
Host: James Duthie
Trade Breaker Desk: Bob McKenzie, Darren Dreger, Pierre LeBrun, and Gord Miller
Instant Analysis Panel: Aaron Ward, Ray Ferraro, and Mike Johnson
Deadline Panel: Gino Reda and Steve Kouleas with Craig Button and Shane Hnidy
Trade Bait: Darren Dutchyshen and Craig Button assess players for trade
Post2Post: Jamie McLennan looks at goalies on the market
Satellite Contributors: Darren Pang, Pierre McGuire, Mike Milbury, Keith Jones, Jason Botchford, and George Johnson
TSN The Reporters Panel: Dave Hodge with Sports Illustrated's Michael Farber, Toronto Sun's Steve Simmons, and National Post's Bruce Arthur
Social Media: Satirical blogger Down Goes Brown tweets for TSN from his Twitter account @DownGoesBrown
TradeCentre '13 Live Blogger: Jay Onrait
TSN Correspondents: Cory Woron, Brent Wallace, Ryan Rishaug, Sara Orlesky, Mark Masters, John Lu, Farhan Lalji, Paul Hollingsworth, and Jermain Franklin
SPORTSCENTRE Updates: Jennifer Hedger
Immediately following TradeCentre '13 on TSN, host Rod Smith recaps the day's events with reaction from around the NHL on SPORTSCENTRE at 6pm et/3pm pt, while host Gino Reda moves over to the That's Hockey desk for a special deadline day episode beginning at 7pm et/4pm pt with additional analysis, reaction, and player interviews.
The focus then moves from the boardroom to the locker room, as NHL ON TSN has live coverage of Montreal @ Philadelphia beginning at 7:30pm et/4:30pm pt.
Finally, host Steve Kouleas wraps up the day that was in the NHL on his ultimate hockey highlights show, That's Hockey 2Nite at 11:30pm et on TSN.
Leading up to TradeCentre '13, TSN sets the table for deadline day with the NHL ON TSN: TradeCentre Special tonight at 8pm et/5pm pt. Hosted by Duthie and featuring McKenzie, Dreger, and LeBrun, the 60-minute preview show provides the latest word on which players and which teams will be centre stage over the final pre-deadline hours.
TradeCentre '13 on Social Media
TSN has TradeCentre '13 covered from all angles on social media – giving you immediate access to breaking trade news, instant analysis, and exclusive behind-the-scenes photos, videos, and interviews across all of TSN's official pages on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, and Google+.
Framing TSN's TradeCentre '13 broadcast on-screen is the TradeCentre Twitter Bar presented by BlackBerry, which will pull in tweets from around the NHL and display them on air. And join the conversation on Twitter by using the hashtags #TradeCentre and #TSN. TSN will also engage fans during TradeCentre '13 by producing real-time content related to the biggest trades as they happen – with this content distributed across TSN's social media channels.
By visiting TSN.ca or using the TradeCentre app, you can keep track of all the tweets from TSN's hockey experts and Insiders using the built-in Tweetbox – enabling fans to get Twitter updates from their favourite TSN personalities without ever leaving TSN.ca or the app.
TradeCentre '13 ON TSN Digital
TSN.ca is the ultimate destination for breaking trade news and expert analysis on NHL Trade Deadline Day. In addition to live streaming of TradeCentre '13, TSN Digital once again presents its real-time Trade Tracker with updates on all the trades as they happen.
For in-depth local coverage, fans can visit TSN.ca/Radio for live audio streaming of TSN 1050 Toronto, TSN 690 Montreal, and TSN 1290 Winnipeg.
Other TradeCentre '13 features on TSN Digital include:
- The latest players in play on TSN Digital's Trade Bait page, along with a complete 2012-13 NHL trade list, Deadline Day archive, and Deadline Day FAQ
- All the latest rumours from around the NHL, plus blogs and articles from TSN Hockey Insiders Bob McKenzie, Darren Dreger, and Pierre LeBrun
- TSN's Jay Onrait's eighth-annual, 10-hour TradeCentre '13 live blog and chat with fans (bathrobes optional)
- TSN Fantasy Guru Scott Cullen's take on NHL Trade Deadline Day and its impact from a fantasy perspective
- The latest videos featuring insight from the NHL ON TSN's panel of experts and TSN's reporters embedded with the Canadian teams around the league
- Fans are also invited to follow and use the hashtag #TradeCentre on Twitter for breaking news and links to exclusive videos and Instagram photos from TSN social media maven Kate McKenna (@TSNKate)
TradeCentre '13 on iPad and iPhone
Fans can keep up with all the deadline day action by downloading the free TradeCentre app for iPad and iPhone. Along with live streaming of TradeCentre '13, the TradeCentre app features a real-time Trade Tracker and up-to-the-minute trade news and alerts, plus on-demand video clips, instant analysis from TSN's hockey experts and Insiders, live streaming of local TSN Radio stations across the country, and a Tweetbox with all the latest updates from the TSN broadcast team on Twitter.
TradeCentre '13 ON TSN Radio and TEAM Radio
Fans looking for local hockey talk can turn to TSN Radio in Toronto (AM 1050), Montreal (AM 690), and Winnipeg (AM 1290), along with TEAM 1040 in Vancouver and TEAM 1200 in Ottawa, for end-to-end coverage of NHL Trade Deadline Day. Featuring coverage focused on the local NHL team in each market, all TSN Radio stations are streamed live nationally at TSN.ca/Radio and on the TSN app for iPhone and iPad. Fans can also listen live online to TEAM 1040 at TeamRadio.ca and TEAM 1200 at Team1200.com.
Below is a breakdown of each station's deadline day coverage on Wednesday, April 3:
- TSN Radio 1050 Toronto: In Leafs nation, fans can keep up with their beloved Buds on TSN 1050, as the station delivers day-long coverage of the trade deadline. Host Mike Richards gets things started on Mike Richards In The Morning at 5:30am et – with the show simulcast live at 7am et on TSN2. Next up are hosts Bob Mackowycz and Matt Cauz on Macko & Cauz at 9 a.m. ET, followed by host Bryan Hayes and analyst Jamie McLennan on Leafs Lunch at Noon et and The Bryan Hayes Show at 2pm et. Rounding out the station's deadline day coverage is host Dave Naylor on The Drive With Dave Naylor beginning at 4pm et.
- TSN Radio 690 Montreal: The Montreal Canadiens are front and centre on their flagship radio station as TSN 690 goes around the NHL to keep tabs on all the trades – and their impact on the Habs. The Morning Show with hosts Elliott Price, Shaun Starr, and Ted Bird kicks things off at 6am et, followed by The Montreal at 10am et and Off The Cuff With Chris Nilan at 1pm et. Afternoon drive host Mitch Melnick wraps up the day on Melnick In The Afternoon at 3pm et with trade analysis and interviews with key newsmakers and TSN Insiders.
- TSN Radio 1290 Winnipeg: Jets fans are well-served next week with TSN 1290's end-to-end coverage of the NHL Trade Deadline. The Big Show with Jay Richardson, Troy Westwood, and Matt Leibl gets the trade talk started at 6am ct, followed by The Roundtable with Rick Ralph and Richard Pollock at 11am ct, Hustler and Lawless with Andrew 'Hustler' Paterson and Gary Lawless at 3pm ct, and The Illegal Hockey Curve Show at 6pm ct. In addition, Darrin Bauming will deliver breaking trade news all day long from the McPhillips Toyota Trade Desk fuelled by Tim Hortons.
- TEAM 1040 Vancouver: Vancouver's flagship sports station has the NHL Trade Deadline covered with every trade from around the league and all the latest news on the Vancouver Canucks. Kicking things off in the morning is Scotty and Company with hosts Scott Rintoul, Paul Chapman, and Jason Botchford at 6am pt, followed by Sekeres and Price with hosts Matt Sekeres and Blake Price at 10am pt. Afternoon drive hosts Barry MacDonald and Don Taylor break down the trades M-Mac and Taylor at 2pm pt, while Bob Marjanovich provides a full day wrap-up at 6pm pt.
- TEAM 1200 Ottawa: The official radio station of the Ottawa Senators, TEAM 1200 has 12 hours of trade deadline day coverage beginning at 6am et with hosts John Rodenburg and Steve Warne. Hosts Steve Lloyd and former NHL defenceman Jason York hit the airwaves at 9:30am et with breaking news and interviews from around the NHL, followed by hosts AJ Jakubec and former NHLers Todd White and Shean Donovan at Noon et taking listeners up to the trade deadline. Wrapping up the day are Dave Gross and Shawn Simpson at 3pm et with a recap of all the trades and interviews with players, coaches, and agents.
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS
Visit TSN.ca/Twitter to follow TSN's Hockey experts and Insiders
NHL ON TSN: @NHLonTSN
Hashtags: #TradeCentre and #TSN