What Would You Do
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
- CONTEST SPONSOR/CONTEST PERIOD: The sponsor of the What Would You Do contest (the “Contest”) is TSN Radio 1050, a division of Bell Media Inc. (the “Contest Sponsor”). The Contest shall commence on November 18, 2013 at 12:00am Eastern Time (“ET”) and end on December 2nd, 2013 at 9:00am ET (the “Contest Period”). The Contest Period consists of two entry periods as follows: entry period one opens November 18, 2013 at 12:00am ET and closes on November 25, 2013 at 9:00am ET (“Entry Period One”); and entry period two opens November 18, 2013 at 9:01am ET and closes on December 2, 2013 at 9:00am ET (“Entry Period Two”) (each an “Entry Period” and collectively, the “Entry Periods”). At the end of the Contest Period there will be two Prize winner selection rounds (the “Rounds” and each, a “Round”).
2. ELIGIBLITY: To enter and to be eligible to win, you must be a legal resident of Ontario of the age of majority or older. Employees (and their parents, siblings and children, and persons domiciled with such employees) of the Contest Sponsors, their respective agents, parent, affiliated or related companies, subsidiaries, divisions, prize sponsors, promotional and advertising agencies and administrators, judges and any other party involved with the organization, execution and/or administration of the Contest are ineligible to enter the Contest. Participation in this Contest constitutes each entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and Regulations (the “Rules”) and the decisions of the Contest Sponsor.
3. HOW TO ENTER: No purchase necessary. To enter the Contest during an Entry Period, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org that includes your first and last name, email address, a maximum 250 word description, in English, describing “what you would do to win the Prize” described in section 5 below (your “Submission”). Your Submission must comply with the Submission Guidelines set out in section 6 below. Your entry will be rejected if it is not fully completed (including your Submission) and received during an Entry Period. Limit of one (1) entry/Submission per person during the Contest Period. If it is discovered that you have entered more than once during the Contest Period, all of your entries will be void. In the event of a dispute, entries shall be deemed to be submitted by the “Authorized Account Holder” of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
4. PRIZE WINNER SELECTION ROUNDS/AWARDING OF PRIZES:
- Round One: On November 25, 2013 a TSN Radio 1050-internal judging panel (the “Judges”) will review each eligible Submission received during Entry Period One and choose the five (5) Submissions that contain the most creative ideas as potential Prize winners. The potential Prize winners will be selected by November 26, 2013 (the “Round One Winner Selection Date”).
- Round Two: On December 2, 2013 the Judges will review each eligible Submission received during Entry Period Two and choose the five (5) Submissions that contain the most creative ideas as potential Prize winners. The potential Prize winners will be selected by December 3, 2013 (the “Round Two Winner Selection Date”). The Round One Winner Selection Date and Round Two Winner Selection Date shall hereinafter be referred to each as a “Winner Selection Date”.
All decisions by the Judges shall be final and binding. The odds of winning a Prize will depend on the total number and caliber of eligible Submissions received during an Entry Period and adherence of the applicable Submission to the judging criteria. After each Round, a representative of TSN Radio 1050 will attempt to contact each potential Prize winner within two (2) business days after the Winner Selection Date to notify him/her that he/she has been selected as a potential Prize winner. In the event that the potential winner cannot be contacted within 2 business days after the Winner Selection Date, such potential winner will be disqualified and the Contest Sponsor may select an alternate potential winner at its sole discretion.
Proof of identification must be provided upon request. In order to be declared a Prize winner, potential winner must first correctly answer, unaided, a time limited mathematical skill testing question administered by TSN Radio 1050. Before being awarded a Prize, each potential Prize winner will have to:
- do what he/she said they would do in his/her entry Submission. Each potential Prize winner will have 3 days after the Winner Selection Date to carry out the What Would You Do that was submitted upon entry. Each potential Prize winner will be required to submit a photo (the “Photo”) or video (the “Video”) of the event to a specified email address. The Photo or Video must be submitted in accordance with the Submission Guidelines and must be received within the time period set out above; and
- sign and return within the time stipulated by the Contest Sponsor a full release and indemnity form that, among other things, confirms that he/she has complied with the Rules, accepts the Prize as offered and releases the Contest Sponsor from any and all liability of any kind arising out of his/her participation in this Contest and receipt and use of the Prize.
In the event that a potential Prize winner does not comply with all the provisions and requirements contained in these Rules, the Contest Sponsor shall have the right to disqualify the Prize winner, who will forfeit all rights to the Prize, and the Contest Sponsor shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard.
5. PRIZES: There are a total of ten (10) Prizes to be awarded (five (5) Prizes per Round), each consisting of two (2) tickets to the 2014 NHL Winter Classic on January 1, 2014. Approximate retail value of each Prize is $250 CAD. Prizes must be accepted as awarded. Prizes may not be sold, transferred and where the Prize is not a cash prize, convertible to cash. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Prizes in whole or in part in the event that all or any component of the Prizes is unavailable.
6. SUBMISSION GUIDELINES: Each Submission and Photo or Video: (i) must not contain any identifiable third party products and/or trade-marks, brands, logos or copyright; (ii) must be intended for family audience viewing and contain only content that, in the sole and unfettered discretion of the Contest Sponsor, is suitable for all persons; (iii) must not, in the sole and unfettered discretion of the Contest Sponsor, contain any illegal, sexually explicit, defamatory, disparaging, discriminatory, libelous or other inappropriate content; (iv) must not, in the sole and unfettered discretion of the Contest Sponsor, contain any profanity or obscene language of any kind whatsoever; and, (v) must not involve anything potentially or actually dangerous or harmful or contain any element of physical risk. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Submission and Photo or Video that contravenes these Submission Guidelines. Any Submission and Photo or Video that involves a third party that does not choose to be part of the Submission and Photo or Video may also be disqualified. The Submission and Photo or Video will remain the property of the entrants; however, by entering this Contest, each entrant: (i) represents and warrants that his/her Submission and Photo or Video is her or her original work and does not infringe on any third party’s copyright, trade-mark or other intellectual property rights, (ii) represents and warrants that he/she has all necessary rights from any third party that appears, or is mentioned, in the Submission and Photo or Video including those from the parent or legal guardian if third party is under the age of majority; (iii) grants the Contest Sponsor an unlimited, royalty free, irrevocable, right and license to reproduce, post and/or broadcast the Submission and Photo or Video in any form of media now known or hereinafter developed including, without limitation www.tsn1050.ca; (iv) waives all moral rights in the Submission and Photo or Video in favour of the Contest Sponsor; (v) agrees to release, indemnify, discharge and hold harmless the Contest Sponsor from any claim or liability arising from or related to the Submission and Photo or Video and/or his/her participation in this Contest; and (vi) consents to the publication and/or use, in any medium of the entrant’s Submission, Photo or Video, name, city of residence, photograph and/or image for publicity purposes carried out by the Contest Sponsor and/or its advertising and promotional agencies without payment or compensation of any kind. Contest Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any claims against infringement of the right of privacy with respect to any Submission, Photo and Video.
- By entering this Contest the entrants and participants automatically agree to accept and abide by these Rules. All decisions of the Contest Sponsor with respect to any aspect of this Contest, including without limitation the eligibility of entries, are final and binding on all entrants in all matters as they relate to this Contest.
- All entries become property of Contest Sponsor who assumes no responsibility for garbled, lost, late, delayed, destroyed or misdirected entries, mail, voice messages, e-mail or any computer errors or malfunctions. No correspondence will be entered into except with entrants requesting Rules by mail or requesting the names of the Prize winners (for which a self-addressed, postage paid envelope must be included). Contest Sponsor does not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entry materials or data that have been tampered with or altered are void. If for any reason, in the opinion of the Contest Sponsor, in its sole discretion, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity or the proper conduct of the Contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond its control, Contest Sponsor reserves its right to cancel, terminate, modify, amend, extend or suspend the Contest, and select a winner from previously received eligible entries. Contest Sponsor reserves its right to modify the Rules without materially affecting the terms and conditions hereof. The Contest Sponsor reserves its right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Rules or otherwise in a disruptive manner. Any attempts to deliberately damage the Contest web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made the Contest Sponsor reserves its right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent of the law. Contest Sponsor shall not be held responsible for any errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the Contest including any damage to an entrant’s computer equipment, system, software or any combination thereof, as a result of their participation in this Contest or from downloading any material from the Contest web site.
- In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
- With the exception of the Submissions, Photos and Videos, all intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade-names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Contest Sponsor and/or its affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.