As the home of soccer and the official broadcaster of Major League Soccer in Canada, TSN today announced its 41-game national broadcast package that features at least one Canadian team in action - the Montreal Impact, Toronto FC, and/or Vancouver Whitecaps FC.
TSN's 41-game package includes 30 games from its national broadcast deal with MLS and an additional slate of Toronto FC match-ups (11 in total) as part of its partnership with the team.
TSN will announce additional games featuring two U.S.-based teams in the coming weeks.
"Headlined by international and homegrown superstars, Major League Soccer has developed an intense level of play across the league that translates into some incredibly entertaining soccer for fans," said Shawn Redmond, Vice-President of Programming, TSN. "On the heels of the Vancouver Whitecaps FC becoming the country's first team to make it to the playoffs and the Montreal Impact's exciting league debut, we are proud to kick off another season of MLS ON TSN including expanded coverage of a reinvigorated Toronto FC."
As the official French-language broadcaster of MLS in Canada, RDS will broadcast more than 30 games, including 12 match-ups featuring the Montreal Impact.
TSN and RDS' national broadcast package is complemented by exclusive Canadian coverage of the MLS ALL-STAR GAME, MLS CUP Playoffs, and MLS CUP 2013.
All games broadcast on TSN and TSN2 are available live on TSN Mobile TV, while all games broadcast on RDS and RDS2 are available live on Télé Mobile RDS.
TSN kicks off its coverage with an all-Canadian match-up, as the Vancouver Whitecaps host the Toronto FC at BC Place during the Whitecaps FC's home opener - and both teams' season opener - on Saturday, March 2 at 6:30 p.m. ET. TSN has also coverage of Toronto FC's home opener vs. Sporting Kansas City (March 9) and Montreal Impact's home opener vs. Toronto FC (March 16).
Additional highlights of the MLS ON TSN schedule are as follows:
- Five all-Canadian match-ups
- Two games featuring the MLS CUP 2012 champion L.A. Galaxy and superstars Robbie Keane and Omar Gonzalez
- Four games featuring World Cup, EURO, and UEFA Champions League champion Thierry Henry and the New York Red Bulls
MLS ON TSN
Acclaimed play-by-play commentator Luke Wileman and colour analyst Jason deVos return to the MLS ON TSN broadcast booth for a third season. For league storylines and player insight fans can follow @LukeWileman and @JasondeVos on Twitter and tune in to their weekly TSN FC podcast available on TSN.ca and iTunes. Fans can also visit TSN.ca to follow soccer columns by Wileman and deVos, as well as TSN soccer experts Noel Butler and Gareth Wheeler.
Comprehensive coverage of MLS will be featured across all of TSN's key programs and platforms, including SPORTSCENTRE and TSN.ca, where fans can browse scores, news and highlights from the league. TSN.ca will also feature a comprehensive MLS preview, featuring insight and analysis from TSN's team of soccer experts.
Bell Media's TSN Radio and TEAM Radio sports stations across the country will have coverage of MLS throughout the season. Additional highlights are as follows:
- TSN Radio 1050 in Toronto - Live coverage of select Toronto FC match-ups.
- TSN Radio 690 in Montreal - Noel Butler keeps Montreal fans up-to-date on the Impact with ORANGES @ HALFTIME, available live on TSN Radio 690 in Montreal and on TSN.ca/Montreal Thursdays at 7 a.m. ET and Saturdays at 12 noon ET. The show is also available through podcast on TSN.ca and iTunes.
- TEAM 1410 in Vancouver - Live play-by-play coverage of every Whitecaps FC game along with a pre- and post-game show. Fans can also tune in to WHITECAPS FC DAILY weekdays at 3 p.m. PT for insight from Vancouver's top soccer analysts.