THE TSN PREDICTOR CANADIAN FOOTBALL EDITION CONTEST RULES
The Contest begins on June 29, 2012 at approximately 12:00:01 a.m. Pacific Time ("PT") and ends on November 3, 2012 at approximately 11:59:59 p.m. PT (the "Contest Period"). For purposes of these Official Rules all times are PT.
The contest sponsor is The Sports Network Inc. ("TSN") (hereinafter referred to as "TSN" or the "Contest Sponsor").
To enter and to be eligible to win, entrant must be a legal resident of Canada (excluding Quebec) and must be over the age of majority in his/her province/territory of residence. Employees and their parents, siblings and children, and persons domiciled with an employee of TSN, its agents, parent, affiliated or related companies, subsidiaries, divisions, prize sponsors, and promotional and advertising agencies and administrators, are ineligible to enter.
You can enter the promotion through the TSN Predictor application on TSN's Fan Page at https://www.facebook.com/TSN (or through www.TSN.ca/Predictor during the Contest Period) by completing the required Contest entry registration. All entries must include your name, address, age, ten digit day and evening telephone numbers and e-mail address. Entrant must register before making any match-up selections as described below. Limit of one (1) entry per person (regardless of the number of email addresses) and one (1) entry per email address (regardless of whether more than one person uses the same email address). Use of any automated system (e.g., robots, automatic, macro, programmed or like entry methods) is prohibited. Any attempt by any entrant to use an automated system or to obtain more than one (1) entry by using multiple or different email addresses, identities or any other methods, will void all of that entrant's entries, and render that person ineligible to receive any of the prizes. Entry materials and data that have been tampered with or altered are void.
HOW TO PLAY:
On the main game play page, under the "Today's Picks" tab, entrants are challenged to select the outcome of listed Canadian football match-ups between various professional teams (each an "Event"). Listed lock-times are one (1) hour before the expected start time of an Event, but may be changed by the Game Administrator to accommodate late or early starts, or for any other reason in TSN's sole discretion. If a match-up is mistakenly left unlocked after an Event has begun, the Game Administrator may lock the selection on that match-up late or cancel that match-up altogether, in TSN's sole discretion. Entrants can select any number of match-ups per day. Once the entrant has selected his or her match-up(s) they will have until the identified lock-time of the match-up(s) to change their selection. Once the lock-time is reached, the selection will be final. The Game Administrator may add or remove match-ups at any time; however, most match-ups will be entered in the system by 12:00:01 a.m. PT on the day of the Event.
Here are examples of match-ups between two teams:
- EDMONTON vs. HAMILTON
- TORONTO vs. MONTREAL
- SASKATCHEWAN vs. CALGARY
Once a match-up has been selected, entrants will have the option to also select an answer to the provided "Extra Point" question of the day (hereinafter referred to as the "Extra Point Question").
Here are examples of Extra Point Questions:
- Who will combine for more points today: Edmonton & Toronto or Montreal & Hamilton?
- Who will have more receptions in the first half: Calgary or Edmonton?
Entrants are not required to participate in the Extra Point Question, but have the ability to increase their point total by an additional point (as described in detail below). Entrants who wish to participate in the Extra Point Question should read the Extra Point Question and corresponding answers carefully before making their selection.
On the first day of each Predictor Period (as defined below), all entrants will start with a point total of zero, and at the conclusion of the Predictor Period all scores are reset to zero. If an entrant correctly predicts a winner in a match-up, one (1) point is added to that entrant's point total. If an entrant incorrectly predicts the winner of a match-up, the entrant's total remains the same. An entrant's score is measured by the number of match-ups an entrant correctly predicts. If an entrant elects to participate in the Extra Point Question, and selects the correct response, he/she will be awarded one (1) additional point to his/her total. The entrant's total score is not negatively impacted by an incorrect answer to the Extra Point Question.
Entrants are not required to play every day. Match-ups and Extra Point Questions that end as a tie will be scored as a "PUSH" and totals for entrants that selected that match-up and/or answered the Extra Point Question, as applicable, will remain intact. Match-ups and Extra Point Questions may also be cancelled by the Game Administrator for reasons including, but not limited to, player injuries, player absences, or inability to complete the Event because of weather or any other reason in the Game Administrators sole discretion. If this occurs, the match-up will be listed as "Cancelled", "Postponed" or "OFF" and scored as "PUSH". In all such cases, the Game Administrator's decision is final, binding and non-appealable. In the event that the match-up selected by an entrant is marked as a "PUSH", that entrant's total will continue unchanged. The Game Administrator reserves the right to revise all totals for reasons including, but not limited to, revisions in official scoring. In the event that a game is postponed, entrants' picks for the game in questions will be deleted and once the matchup has been rescheduled, the entrants will be required to make their pick again.
PRIZING & TIEBREAKERS
Monthly Prize ($1,000): There will be four (4) monthly prizes awarded, one for each Predictor Period, each consisting of one-thousand dollars (CAD $1,000), payable by cheque (each a "Monthly Prize"). The Monthly Prize will be awarded to the entrant who accumulates the highest point total during each Predictor Period. In the event that two (2) or more entrants are tied for the monthly prize, the following tiebreakers will take place in the indicated order:
- Entrant with the higher winning percentage for match-ups played by that entrant during the Predictor Period.
- Random Draw.
The four (4) Predictor Periods are identified below:
- July 2012 (June 29 – July 31)
- August 2012 (August 1 – August 31)
- September 2012 (September 1 – September 30)
- October 2012 (October 1 – November 3)
All Predictor Periods end at 11:59:59 p.m. PT of the last day of that period.
Each contest entrant will also be entered into the Grand Prize draw for the chance to win a trip to the 100th Grey Cup.
Grand Prize: There is one (1) grand prize available to be won (the "Grand Prize")(collectively, the Grand Prize and the Monthly Prizes shall be referred to as the "Prizes", and each a "Prize"). The Grand Prize includes round-trip economy airfare for (2) to Pearson International Airport in Toronto from a major Canadian airport closest to the Grand Prize winner's place of residence in Canada (hereinafter referred to as the "Departure Point"); three (3) nights standard hotel accommodation (based on one room, double occupancy) at a hotel to be selected by TSN; two (2) tickets to the 100th Grey Cup (seat selection at sole discretion of TSN); and a CFL on TSN Prize pack (valued at $250 (CAD)). The Grand Prize winner and his/her travelling companion are solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein including, without limitation, applicable taxes, fuel/currency surcharges, ground transportation, meals and beverages, room service, gratuities, merchandise, telephone calls, insurance together with any required travel documentation, and all personal expenses of any kind or nature, together with any applicable overnight layover. Departure dates and accommodation are subject to availability and change without notice or compensation. The Grand Prize winner and his/her travelling companion are also solely responsible for all costs incurred to and from the Departure Point as the Grand Prize originates and terminates there. It is the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize winner and his/her travelling companion to obtain all necessary travel documentation. The Grand Prize winner and his/her travelling companion must be able to travel at the times and dates as determined by TSN in its sole discretion and authority failing which the Grand Prize will be forfeited. It is recommended that Grand Prize winner and his/her travelling companion obtain sufficient personal insurance prior to departure. Travel must take place between November 23, 2012 and November 26, 2012. The approximate retail value of the Grand Prize is Five Thousand dollars ($5,000.00) CAD, based on a Vancouver departure example. In the event the Grand Prize winner resides within a 200 km radius of Toronto, the Grand Prize is deemed not to include airfare and no cash will be provided in lieu thereof.
5. The Prizes must be accepted as described in these rules and cannot be transferred to another person, substituted for another prize, or with respect to the Grand Prize, exchanged in whole or in part or for cash. TSN reserves the right to substitute the Grand Prize in whole or in part in the event that all or any component of the Grand Prize is unavailable. No change in travel arrangements can be made by the Grand Prize winner once the booking has been confirmed. The Grand Prize may not be used towards any type of frequent flyer mileage, or other reward point accumulation program. Prizing pictured in any advertising surrounding this Contest may not be exactly the same as the actual prize awarded.
6. On or after November 6, 2012 at approximately 12:00 p.m. PT, a random draw for the Grand Prize will take place at the TSN offices in Toronto from among all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. The odds of winning a Monthly Prize are not quantifiable and will depend upon the number of entries received during each Predictor Period as well as the degree by which each entrant is able to successfully predict the outcomes of matchups and other related questions. The odds of winning the Grand Prize will depend upon the total number of entries received during the Contest Period. Within a reasonable time after the Grand Prize draw and within a reasonable time after the determination of the Monthly Prize winner, a representative of TSN will contact the potential Prize winner, by telephone, in order to qualify them as the official winner of the applicable Prize. In the event TSN has not received a response from the potential winner OR has not been able to qualify the potential winner as the official winner (including the administration of the skill testing question as required below) within ten (10) days after making the initial telephone call to the potential winner, TSN has the right to disqualify the potential winner and an alternate potential winner will be drawn, or in the case of a Monthly Prize, the entrant with the next highest point total during a Predictor Period will be selected as the potential winner. Proof of identification must be provided upon request.
In order to be declared a Prize winner, each potential Prize winner must correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question administered by TSN. Before being awarded a Prize, each potential Prize winner, and in the case of the Grand Prize winner, his/her traveling companion, and his/her parent or legal guardian if a minor, will be required to sign and return within the time stipulated by TSN, a full release and indemnity form stating that he/she has read and understood these official rules and regulations ("Rules"), grants all consents required, authorizes TSN to broadcast, publish and disseminate his/her name, city of residence, photograph, likeness, sobriquet and voice, in connection with any promotion or publicity, and/or for general news, entertainment and information purposes at no additional compensation to the potential winner, beyond the awarding of or participation in the applicable Prize, accepts the applicable Prize as offered and releases TSN, Contest prize suppliers, Canadian Football League, Canadian Football League Properties Ltd., and each of the Member Clubs of the Canadian Football League (the foregoing CFL Entities, collectively, the "CFL Entities"), and each of their respective shareholders, employees, parents, directors, officers, affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, agents, successors and assigns (collectively, the "Contest Group") from any and all liability of any kind arising out of the potential winner's and/or, as applicable, traveling companion's participation in this Contest and receipt and use of the applicable Prize. In the event that a potential Prize winner and/or, as applicable, his/her traveling companion, does/do not comply with all the provisions as contemplated in these Rules, TSN shall have the right to disqualify such potential Prize winner and/or, as applicable, his/her traveling companion and select an alternate potential Prize winner and/or, as applicable, a traveling companion, and TSN shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard. The provisions and procedures referred to above relating to selection and notification of a potential Prize winner and/or, as applicable, a traveling companion, shall be applied, with the necessary amendments, until a qualified Prize winner and/or, as applicable, traveling companion has/have been duly selected.
7. By entering this Contest the entrants automatically agree to accept and abide by these Rules. All decisions of TSN with respect to any aspect of this Contest, including, without limitation, the eligibility of entries, are final and binding on all entrants in all matters as they relate to this Contest.
8. All entries become property of TSN. The Contest Group assumes no responsibility for: i) garbled, lost, late, delayed, destroyed or misdirected mail, voice messages, e-mail or any computer errors or malfunctions; ii) incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof; or iii) any injury or damage to entrants' or any other persons' computer system(s), software or any combination thereof, as a result of their participation in this contest or from downloading any material from the contest website or due to viruses or otherwise or breaches of privacy due to interference by third party computers.
If for any reason, in the opinion of TSN, at its sole discretion, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity or the proper conduct of the contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond their control, TSN reserves its right to cancel, terminate, modify, amend, extend or suspend the contest including canceling any method of entry, and select a winner from previously received eligible entries. Contest Sponsor reserves its right to modify the Rules without materially affecting the terms and conditions hereof.
TSN reserves its right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entrant it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the contest, or where contest entries are generated by unauthorized mechanical or automated means, or to be acting in violation of the Rules or otherwise in a disruptive manner. Any attempts to deliberately damage the contest web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made the Contest Sponsor reserves its right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent of the law.
9. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations, and is void where prohibited.
10. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
11. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade-names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by TSN and or their affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.