From Canadian basketball phenoms Anthony Bennett and Andrew Wiggins to Boston Strong and the Saskatchewan Roughriders' emotional Grey Cup victory on home turf, TSN reveals its highly-anticipated list of the year's Top 10 sports stories, as selected by a panel of TSN commentators, reporters, and producers.
The No. 1 sports story of 2013 will be announced during TSN's Christmas Eve tradition, the SportsCentre: Year In Review presented by PokerStars.net, airing Tuesday, Dec. 24 at 8pm et on TSN (encore at Midnight et/9pm pt on TSN) and hosted by Darren Dutchyshen and Jennifer Hedger.
Along with counting down the Top 10 stories of 2013, the show also unveils the year's Top 10 highlights, lowlights, and sound bites, as well as a special edition of the Ultimate SC.
TSN's Top 10 sports stories of 2013 (listed in no set order):
- MLB stars Alex Rodriguez and Ryan Braun are implicated in PED use
- The Toronto Maple Leafs' epic Game 7 collapse against the Boston Bruins
- The Saskatchewan Roughriders host and win the 101st Grey Cup
- South African sprinter Oscar Pistorius is charged with murdering his girlfriend
- The rise of Canadian basketball phenoms Anthony Bennett, the first Canadian to go No. 1 in the NBA Draft, and Andrew Wiggins - the projected top pick 1 in next year's draft
- The Vancouver Canucks' goaltender controversy surrounding Roberto Luongo and Cory Schneider
- The Boston Marathon bombing, followed by an outpouring of Boston Strong support and the Boston Red Sox winning the World Series at home
- A power outage affects Super Bowl XLVII, which featured Ray Lewis' last game and the Harbaugh brothers coaching against each other
- The Chicago Blackhawks win the Stanley Cup in a lockout-shortened season
- LeBron James leads the Miami Heat to a second consecutive NBA Championship
Beginning Saturday, SportsCentre will feature a daily preview of each Top 10 story on all editions of Canada's No. 1 sports news information show.
TSN Radio stations across the country will also recap each Top 10 story, along with airing a radio version of the SportsCentre: Year In Review presented by PokerStars.net throughout the holidays.
Join the conversation on TSN's Top 10 list by visiting TSN.ca/YearInReview to vote for you favourite sports story of the year and by discussing and debating the Top 10 stories of 2013 on Facebook.com/TSN and on Twitter using the hashtag #SCYearInReview.