Other Sports

Jockey Dettori cleared to return to racing after six-month ban

{eot}
The Canadian Press
5/30/2013 2:05:37 PM
Decrease Text SizeIncrease Text Size
Text Size

LONDON - Frankie Dettori, one of the world's best known jockeys, has been cleared to return to action by France Galop after serving a cocaine ban, says the British Horseracing Authority.

Dettori was banned for six months after testing positive at Longchamp last September, and was due to make his comeback last week.

But the BHA said a fresh France Galop test produced an "irregularity."

A meeting with France Galop's medical committee to discuss what the BHA described as a "private matter," has now cleared the way for his return.

France Galop confirms that Dettori was seen by the medical committee on Tuesday and that the committee subsequently "received the information it required" to clear him for racing in France.

"The jockey has been informed of this decision," France Galop said in a statement on Thursday.

Horse Racing (Photo: Ross Setford/Getty Images)

zoom

(Photo: Ross Setford/Getty Images)
Share This

Share This

Add to FacebookAdd to DiggAdd to FarkAdd to TwitterAdd to Stumble UponAdd to Reddit
Print this Story


© 2014
All rights reserved.
Bell Media Television