NHL action returns to Canada's Sports Leader with TSN delivering 150 national regular season games during the 2013-14 season. Eighty-one games will air on TSN and 69 games will air on TSN2. In addition to live game coverage, you can expect to see extensive NHL coverage across all TSN Digital, TSN Radio, and TEAM Radio platforms.
Highlighting the TSN schedule is the annual Hockey Hall of Fame game that airs on the network for the first time, 72 games featuring Canadian teams in action and the return of Wednesday Night Hockey.
TSN will also broadcast six pre-season games featuring all Canadian teams.
In addition to its national broadcast package, TSN will also broadcast 63 regional Winnipeg Jets games on TSN Jets and 30 regional Montreal Canadiens games on TSN Canadiens.
RDS returns with French-language coverage of all Montreal Canadiens games. RDS and RDS2 will confirm its package of games featuring other NHL teams in the coming days.
Hockey Hall of Fame Game
Highlighting TSN's 2013-14 NHL regular season broadcast schedule is the Hockey Hall of Fame game - airing for the first time on TSN.
Featuring the New Jersey Devils and Toronto Maple Leafs on Friday, Nov. 8 at 7:30pm et on TSN, the Hockey Hall of Fame game honours 2013 Hockey Hall of Fame inductees Scott Niedermayer, Chris Chelios, Brendan Shanahan, Geraldine Heaney and Stanley Cup-winning head coach Fred Shero.
NHL ON TSN Highlights
Regular season coverage kicks off on Wednesday, Oct. 2 at 7:30pm et on TSN with the Toronto Maple Leafs visiting the Philadelphia Flyers (Visit TSN.ca for the full schedule).
- Nathan MacKinnon and Sidney Crosby face off against each other for the first time as the Avalanche visit the Penguins on Monday, Oct. 21 at 7:30pm et (TSN2)
- Daniel Alfredsson's return to Ottawa on Sunday, Dec. 1 at 5:30pm et
- Jarome Iginla's return to Calgary on Tuesday, Dec. 10 at 9:30pm et
- Alain Vigneault's return to Vancouver on Tuesday, Apr. 1 at 10pm et
- The Hockey Hall of Fame game featuring New Jersey at Toronto on Friday, Nov. 8 at 7:30pm et
- 2014 Coors Light NHL Stadium Series outdoor game featuring NY Rangers @ NY Islanders on Wednesday, Jan. 29 at 7pm et
- 17 Toronto Maple Leafs games
- 15 Montreal Canadiens games
- 10 games each for the Ottawa Senators, Calgary Flames, Edmonton Oilers, and Vancouver Canucks
- 5 Winnipeg Jets games
- 5 all-Canadian match-ups
Additional highlights include:
- 12 double-headers on TSN (six double-headers on TSN2)
- 9 Original Six match-ups on TSN (five games on TSN2)
- 6 games featuring the Stanley Cup-champion Chicago Blackhawks on TSN (seven games on TSN2)
- 6 games featuring Crosby and the Pittsburgh Penguins on TSN (13 games on TSN2)
- 5 games featuring 2013 Hart Trophy winner Alex Ovechkin and the Washington Capitals on TSN (nine games on TSN2)
- 6 Preseason games – featuring all Canadian teams
In addition to its package of regular season and playoff games, TSN has exclusive Canadian coverage of the NHL Draft Lottery, NHL Draft, and the Hockey Hall of Fame Induction celebration. TSN complements this exclusive lineup with its own signature NHL specials including TradeCentre, Free Agent Frenzy, NHL Fantasy Draft, Top 50 Players and Bob McKenzie's Draft Ranking.
News and Studio Shows
TSN's best-in-class team of hockey Insiders, analysts, and reporters have the NHL covered from all angles, delivering extensive news, reports, and analysis throughout the season.
Along with the NHL on TSN's studio show, Gino Reda helms his daily hockey magazine show, That's Hockey, while That's Hockey 2 Nite with host Steve Kouleas continues to be the ultimate destination for nightly NHL highlights. NHL coverage is also featured prominently on SportsCentre, Off The Record with Michael Landsberg, and TSN The Reporters with Dave Hodge.
TSN Radio and TEAM Radio
Fans can set their radio dial to TSN Radio and TEAM Radio stations across the country for expert hockey analysis and commentary and live NHL game broadcasts. Live radio streaming of TSN Radio stations is available online at TSN.ca/Radio and on TSN Digital Platforms, including the TSN app for iPhone and iPad. TEAM 1040, TEAM 1200 and TEAM 1260 streaming is available on each stations' home page and the Bell Media Radio mobile app. Coverage is as follows:
- TSN Radio 1050 Toronto - 48 Toronto Maple Leafs games: 41 regular season, 7 pre-season
- TSN Radio 1290 Winnipeg - all Winnipeg Jets games
- TSN Radio 690 Montreal - all Montreal Canadiens games
- TEAM 1040 Vancouver - all Vancouver Canucks games
- TEAM 1200 Ottawa - all Ottawa Senators games
- TEAM 1260 Edmonton - news and analysis surrounding the Oilers all season
TSN Digital platforms deliver comprehensive coverage of the 2013 NHL season, with up-to-the-minute news, scores and stats, along with highlights of every game, in-depth features, and exclusive interviews with players, coaches, and GMs from around the league. You can also access columns and blogs by TSN's hockey experts and Insiders and follow every game with the return of our TSN GameTracker. Fans on-the-go can also keep up with the NHL via the TSN app for iPhone and iPad.