While a new deal does not appear to be imminent, restricted free-agent defenceman P.K. Subban and the Montreal Canadiens are still talking.
According to TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun of ESPN.com, Canadiens general manager Marc Bergevin met with Subban's camp on Friday.
TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger reported that the Canadiens are standing firm on a two-year deal worth roughly $5 million.
Subban will huddle with his family and his agent, Don Meehan, over the weekend to think things over, but Dreger tweeted Saturday that little or no progress had been made.
The two sides are expected to meet again on Monday.
Since the lockout ended, Subban has said several times that he is committed to working out a deal and staying with the Canadiens.
However, in Thursday's edition of the Montreal Gazette, the Toronto native said that economics do play into the situation.
"I want to play for the Canadiens. I want to help the team," Subban told the newspaper. "With the young players we have in the organization right now, we still have a great opportunity to win. But for my style of game and for what I do for the team, the amount of minutes I play and for what I bring to the table, I have to be fairly compensated."