TSN's Jack Armstrong offers his thoughts on Miami's Chris Bosh, the importance of officiating, the keys for the Pacers, the success of Matt Bonner, and the wait for the Raptors' new general manager.
1. CHRIS BOSH (Heat): It's time. His team really needs him in Game 5. Dwyane Wade hasn't looked healthy in a while and that's a concern. Bosh was brought in to deliver timely baskets and boards and has been a pretty consistent third piece but of late he's been disappointing. The front-court battle likely determines the series. Get it done, now.
2. OFFICIATING: Something tells me that the three guys that walk on the floor with whistles around their necks will have loads of pressure on them in Game 5. Will be important to 'Let the Game Breathe' and not over-do it and become too much of the focus. Tough job. Paralysis by analysis for sure.
3. INDIANA KEYS: Keep an eye on these three factors in Game 5 for Indy. If they control these areas they give themselves a terrific chance to win. A) Turnover Margin: Take care of the rock. Limit Miami run outs and that helps keep the tempo in your favour. B) Post Points: Continue to hammer them with Hibbert and West in the lane. Do a solid job with LeBron and hit Bosh early/often so he doesn't climb backs on the offensive boards. C) Three-point defence: Guard the line like crazy and chase Ray Allen, Shane Battier, Mike Miller, Mario Chalmers, etc... off the line. No clean looks.
4. MATT BONNER (Spurs): Really enjoyed Dave Feschuk's column on Thursday in the Toronto Star on 'The Red Rocket'. The former Raptor is a class act and I give him a ton of credit. He has persevered. Above and beyond his three-point shooting, he really gets after it and competes. He's tougher than he looks and did a nice job vs. Marc Gasol and Zach Randolph in the Grizzlies series. Good for him. Good things do happen to good people.
5. RAPTORS GM SEARCH: Tick Tock, Tick Tock, Tick Tock...we wait and wait and wait. Fingers crossed. Something soon. I hope. I think. I pray.