Greetings, folks! Here are a few quick thoughts on the NBA
1. KOBE BRYANT (Lakers): He's been brilliant of late. I got to see it in person on Friday night in Los Angeles. For all the points and clutch shots he's been putting up--how about his lock down D and terrific passing (6 assists per game). That's the stuff that defines a true winner. Utterly fantastic to watch in person.
2. J.J. HICKSON (Blazers): What a nice year he's having (11 rebounds per game and shooting .580). After Cleveland parted ways with him, he's found a home and he's playing his role well. He gets after it in the paint and looks like the light is starting to come on finally.
3. O.J. MAYO (Mavericks): Has really improved as a three-point shooter (.424) and having a solid year (17.4 PPG). I'm still trying to figure out what level he can get to with consistency. Still a very young player who tends to go solo a bit too much, but he's a guy who I think has a whole other gear he can get to. It will be interesting to see if he can get there.
4. CARLOS DELFINO (Rockets): One of those unsung guys that does the 'little' things. Love his willingness to guard and stick his nose in there and take charges to win the loose ball battles. Shoots well from distance (.390) and has been a key guy off the bench for Coach Kevin McHale.
5. MIKE CONLEY (Grizzlies): Has really improved and become a really steady lead guard. Impressed with his poise. Terrific defender (2.3 steals PG). Solid Play maker (6.1 assists PG). Plays within the system and makes sure the Big's get the Ball consistently. Nothing flashy here--just Production.